Directions for Six Rivers Students: Each of you has already began writing two different types of introductions using Google Drive. Here were the prompts:
1. Describe yourself and the place where you live. Where do you go to school? What are your hobbies and interests?
2. What are your future goals and aspirations? Identify some places you would like to travel and why you would like to go there. What are some things you like to do or accomplish in your life?
You are to share them with me, and I will read both of them and provide some feedback and suggestions. Then you will write a revised introduction that combines the content from your two separate introductions and share them with our new friends at Lycee Regnault in Tangier, Morocco. Your introductions should be about 150 words in length. Please use complete sentences and conventional grammar and spelling.
Steps to complete this assignment:
1. Complete the introductions assignment on Google Drive and share it with Mr. Hertz.
2. Read his comments and revise your introduction accordingly.
3. Have a friend read your revised introduction. They should provide you with feedback and then you will revise your introduction again.
4. When you feel your introduction is ready, show it to an instructor (Hertz, Patton, Sahlberg, etc.) and get a final OK.
5. Post it to the Blog as a comment on this introductions page.
Have fun!

Hello, My name is Meghan Wishaw. I live in Trinidad California. It always really foggy and cold here. In the winter we have to have a wood fire going to keep the house warm. My favorite color is purple, I like to ride horses. I do a special sport on horses called “vaulting” which is basically just gymnastic on horses. My three bestfriends are Elaina Vasquez and Halina Alvarez and Tessa Nickerson. I am short, have short brown hair. Yellow/ brown eyes. I am adopted but get to see my mom sometimes.
ReplyDeleteMy dream is to go to cosmetology school (beauty school) and learn how to cut hair, I try to go surfing everyday and I ride my horses alot. I hangout with my friends every chance get. I love my life! Its sooo nice to meet you! :)
My name is Merlin ”the wizard” Hannon. My father is James Hannon he teaches art and ceramics at Mack high. It is nice talk to you wonderful people and I hope to hear about you. I’m not a wizard contrary to belief so i will not cast any spells sorry. I live in McKinleyville CA in the forests. I’m 16 I have dirty blond hair tall cold loving swede and a video gamer. I’m not into music or sports so I’m boring like that. I enjoy walking and video gaming and talking
ReplyDeleteHello, My name is Dion Shaughnessy, My Dad is Frank Shaughnessy. My Mom is Christel Shaughnessy. I also have a little sister named Fiona, she is 11. I am 15 years old,. I like hanging out and playing sports with friends, also I like doing jiu jitsu where I recently also started assistant teaching. Before Jiu Jitsu I did Karate for 8 years. I also like looking after my pet reptiles. I listen to a lot of older rap and rock. My two favorite artists are Nas and Tom Petty. I am not really sure what I want to do when I get older, I will probably go to college, but I might go a few years after I graduate from high school. I want to travel. I backpack in the Sierra Nevadas so I might join The California Conservation Core. I might join the military. Even further in the future I might be a pilot, or an architect or a scientist: I don't really know but I do know I want to make lots of money. It will be cool to talk to you.
ReplyDeleteHello I Am Tanner Doan I live in McKinleyville California. I play the drums I have Brown hair and Brown eyes I am 5’ 2’’. I am a sophomore at Six Rivers Charter High School. My favorite subject is science. I hope to be an agricultural engineer. My favorite colors are orange and blue. I enjoy hunting, playing drums, and playing video games (xbox 360 my gamertag is TDoan333 add me). I love music. I am 15 i have lived here all my life. I have never left this country. I hope to live in Oregon as an adult. I want to go to school there also.
ReplyDeleteIts nice to meet you.
Your BFF,
Tanner Doan
Hello, my name is Tessa. I live in Blue Lake, California. The Mad River runs through Blue Lake, and it is very beautiful. There are lots of pretty trees. It is a small town, but I love it. I am a sophmore at Six Rivers Charter High School. My best friends are Meghan Wishaw and Tanner Doan. I have lived here my whole life. I am fifteen years old. I have brown hair, hazel eyes, freckles and braces. I am very kind and funny. I have 2 sisters, and 1 brother. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat. Blue Lake is a small town. I like comedy movies, and I love to read. I have been on a cruise, and on that cruise I went to London, Spain, Italy, Turkey, and Malta. I love to travel.
ReplyDeleteAfter high school I would love to go to culinary school (cooking school). I love to cook and bake. I hope to own a restaurant or bakery when I’m older. I also want to travel. I would love to go to Australia and Canada.
It’s very nice to meet you! I hope I hear back from you! :)
Hey, my name is Rachel Katalin Grossman, I am 15 turning 16 November 30. I am a sophomore at Six Rivers Charter High School, it is the best school ever. I live in Arcata CA. It is a strange place because you see fog 50% of the time. You see a lot of redwood trees in Humboldt. I am a small petite girl with brown hair and brown eyes and I actually was adopted from Romania when I was three.
ReplyDeleteWhen I grow up I want to be a lot of things like an actress and a photographer. I want to adopt a child when I grow up so I can help the orphans. I want to go everywhere around the world and explore. I love being in nature because that is where i go when i just want to be alone. My family and I traveled to Thailand to visit my foreign exchange student, we were there for two weeks for Christmas break.
It is really nice to meet you I can't wait to meet you!:)
ReplyDeleteHey, my name is Hope, I'm 15 and live in Arcata, California, its very nice to meet all of you. At the moment I'm very angry with papa smurf ( a.k.a. my teacher Mr. Hertz) for making me write about myself. I enjoy cold, gloomy and rainy weather as well as a good scary movie. I hate the ocean, I'm terrified of snakes, and horses. My hopes are to one day become a train conductor in the Pacific Northwest, or in New England, and to own an apple orchard, with animals and a seasonal pumpkin patch. Arcata,California is a small college town nestled in the redwoods of the Pacific Northwest.
Hello. My name is Billy Askew. I live in Arcata CA by the local skate park. i go to school at Six Rivers Charter School. I am a mid height fifteen year old kid with short hair and buck teeth. I also like to play Battlefield 3 a war game that is better than call of duty. I listen to a variety of music and Tech N9ne is the majority of that. I am getting as good of grades as I possibly can so I can get a scholarship, and be an accountant. I have been poor all my life, according to the American poverty line, and I want to make some real money. I want to live in Seattle Washington where it rains a lot and be a CPA for people using the internet. I would like to provide for my family by giving them a nice house with a nice car and food always on the table. it would be cool to hear from you
ReplyDeleteHello, my name is Emily and it’s nice to meet you. I like to read books and I like to do math -- not really. I like typing in repetitive sentences. I hate talking about myself; incredibly so. My family and I live in Humboldt county, just like every single other kid your class is blogging with. I am a sophomore and, once again, so is everyone else in my class. I love Moroccan mint tea, so that’s something, though I suppose if you tried it, you would find the name ridiculous. I also like swimming and hope to get a scholarship, go to college, et cetera. I am learning French. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Kaylee Cook its nice to meet you.I live in Eureka, CA. in Humboldt county. I am 15 years old and go to Six Rivers Charter High School. For fun I do barrel racing (barrel racing is where your on a horse and kinda make a clover around barrels). I live on a little farm with horses, cows, sheeps, goats, pigs, chickens, cats, and dogs. I like to hang out with friends in my free time. When i get out of high school i want to own a big farm or be a stay at home mom.
ReplyDeleteWho am I
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Levi Kujawa-Seda. I am 15 years old. I live in Humboldt county in a little city called Blue Lake. The population there is about 2,000 people. I’m 6 feet tall and I enjoy playing sports like basketball. We have a team at are school here Six Rivers and I start on it. I also like to play video and trading card games. I like to cook and I’m in the culinary program. I also play music. I play the violin in the Armack Orchestra. I start class every morning at seven a.m. so I can play my violin at Arcata High School and on Saturday at ten for a another orchestra called all seasons.
Hi, my name is Elaina Vazquez. I live in Arcata, California which is in Humboldt County, CA. It is usually very overcast in Humboldt County. I go to Six Rivers Charter High School with Meghan Wishaw and Halina Alvarez, they are the best people ever. Six Rivers is really chill and we are a college bound school. I am a sophomore and I am sixteen years old. I have brown hair and hazel eyes and I’m short. I like to have fun with Meghan and Halina, then I sleep.
ReplyDeleteMy dream is to be a marine biologist and go to college. I want to go to UCLA or USC. I want to end up living in Costa Rica or in Los Angeles by the beach. This summer, I want to do an internship in Long Beach at The Aquarium of the Pacific. I play tennis once a week. I love hanging out with my friends and being outside.
ReplyDeleteTomas’ Introduction
Hello I am very excited to talk to you. I am a 15-year-old named Tomas Nara Shermer. I am 5’11’’ in height and like to play sports. I like to wrestle, play baseball, and fire airsoft guns. I have done some airsoft battles in the Redwood Forest woods that have lasted up to a couple hours at a time. I hope to make the varsity baseball team this year and not get my but kicked in wrestling. I also hope to be a professional baseball player in the MLB (major league baseball) someday. Baseball is the one sport I love the most. I live in McKinleyville, California on the coast of the Pacific Ocean where there is hardly any pollution, and I live a couple minutes away from the ocean. Normally at this time of year my brothers are playing soccer during the weekends and all I am doing is sleeping on my bed and listening to music on my iPod. Next year i will be going, sort of near you, to Italy for a week with my choir. I really want to go on a cruise someday in my life too.
My name’s Elena Ziegler, and I live in Arcata, which is a small college town on the coast of Northern California in Humboldt County. I have brown slightly wavy hair, hazel eyes, smooth tan skin, freckles, dimples, and am about five and a half feet tall. I have long legs, and am around the average weight for a teenage American girl, if not a little less. In my freetime I like to take pictures of bands/concerts, people, animals, and nature, along with making necklaces, and small pieces of jewelry. In the future I would like to be a photographer for a magazine like Rolling Stone or National Geographic. I would also like to own my own photography company. Nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Zach Corgiat-Raymond. I like to play sports such as soccer, basketball, and baseball. I also like to watch TV and hang out with my friends. I don’t really ever travel, I have only been to a few states in our country. I live in the small city of Arcata on the north coast of California. The weather never the same--it changes from rain to sun to fog and them back to rain again. I am white with straight dirty blonde hair and I am pretty skinny. I have bluish grey eyes. I am a pretty calm person. If you're a chill person than we would probably get along. Someday I hope to play soccer in college and then go on from there. Another one of my hopes is to go to a nice college like University of Nevada, Reno or University of California, Santa Barbara. I dream to one day play on a professional soccer club I would even settle for MLS. I would like to travel around Europe like Germany, Scotland, or Ireland. Europe just seems like a beautiful place where industries haven't completely taken over. That is what I would like to do with my free time in the future.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI’m Jessica Wallace. I’m 15 years old and I have brownish blonde hair and hazel eyes. I’m 5 ft. and 6 in a half in. I live in Humboldt County next to the city of Blue Lake in the mountains. I like reading, Horror movies (Nightmare on Elms Street, Devil Rejects, The Grudge, Friday the 13th , etc.), Jeff the Killer, Slenderman, Creepypasta (all of it), Avatar: the Last Airbender, and Adventure Time. Also, I LOVE rain. I don’t have any sports or outdoor activity I like. I love playing video games but my favorite is the Slender games and Legend of Zelda. I’m on DA www.naviathewolf.devianart.com , that my account if you want to check out my art. If you don’t know what DA is it’s a site where you can post your art and people can comment and favorite it.
In my life I hope to achieve something. I’ll go to college in Norway with my friend. No matter what I’m going to college but hopefully overseas. I don’t know what I want to be but I like to sing so maybe I’ll do that. I don’t really have any goals just to have fun.
Hello! my name is Kash Whitlow. I am a male that is 15 years old. I live in a fishing town called Trinidad on the coast of California, about 20 minutes north of Arcata. In the town of Trinidad there is a large forest full of tall redwood trees. I also live about 15 minutes away from the beach but the water is always very cold. Some things that I enjoy doing are Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu, and I wrestle for Arcata high school. I also enjoy mixing and producing EDM music.
ReplyDeleteSome things I would like to do with my life are go to a good college and be successfully producing music. If that does not work out I will probably search for a job or take on my Dads job of being a salesman at the company Thule. I would like to go to a nice University for college. I am considering our local college of Humboldt State but I am still unsure at this time in my life.
I am excited to hear back from you!
My name is Parisa Ghaffari. I was born in 1995 in Iran, Tehran. I moved to United State in fall 2011. My plan is that going to the college and studying in medical science. I don’t know English very well so I made a decision that first I go to junior college to improve my English then I will go to university to continue my education. My first language is Persian. English is completely different from Persian whether in vocabulary and grammar, so I’m trying to improve it by writing and reading.
ReplyDeleteHello . My name is leonor Cazal. Today ,I am "the voice" of the class . We read all of your messages,and we loved them! We realy liked the papa smurf message, because well.. It's realy funny! Why do you call him like that ? :) Also, we think that your messages were interesting! We liked the fact that some of you have alredy their whole life planned. Like the fact of adopting a baby, I think it's very nice of you. Emily, the mint tea is called "narnar" . In Tangier, it's realy sugared but it's nice. Once, the spoon stayed stucked in the glass, because it was like caramel! Parisa, in your message, you said that you don't speak english very well, but we think you write very good. Personally, I really appreciated the wizzard letter, because I really like magic tricks :). Kash, (is it a nickname?) we all think, to be a good producting music, you have to found a good singer! Does some of you like to sing? Here, all the girls love to sing and sing very well! Bye, XX
ReplyDelete